According to a new survey of 2,000 UK moviegoers, that’s the second-cheesiest movie line of all time. The complete list:
- “Titanic”: Leonardo DiCaprio’s “I’m the king of the world!”
- “Dirty Dancing”: Patrick Swayze’s “Nobody puts Baby in the corner.”
- “Four Weddings And A Funeral”: Andie McDowell’s “Is it still raining? I hadn’t noticed.”
- “Ghost”: Demi Moore’s “Ditto.” to Patrick Swayze’s “I love you.”
- “Top Gun”: Val Kilmer to Tom Cruise (news): “You can be my wingman anytime”
- “Notting Hill”: Julia Roberts’ “I’m just a girl… standing in front of a boy… asking him to love her.”
- “Independence Day”: Bill Pullman’s “Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”
- “Braveheart”: Mel Gibson (news)’s “They may take our lives, but they will not take our freedom!”
- “Jerry Maguire”: Renee Zellweger to Tom Cruise: “You had me at hello.”
- “The Postman”: A blind woman says to Kevin Costner (news): “You’re a godsend, a savior.” He replies: “No, I’m a postman.”
“Nobody puts Baby in the corner.” Geesh, that’s awful.
Ok, time for a minor confession: I don’t think the line from Notting Hill should be on the list. Go ahead and throw tomatoes if you must.
splat. splat. splaaaaaaaat!(tomaato, tomayto – they are still rotten) :)))haffun,karma
haha….don’t kid yourself. julia roberts is pretty cheesy in whatever she is in. so i applaud their choices.
I don’t think that the one from Independence Day deserved to be there either. I mean, it was Independence Day after all.~Easyhttp://gloryroad.blog-city.com(Surfed in from BE)
I like your blog. I saw the “Cheesiest Lines” on the web and thought to myself…if they are so cheesy, how come they are so memorable and people are able to quote them so well…must have liked them at one time.
How can that line from Braveheart be called cheesy? Wouldn’t we hope most freedom loving people would say the same?
As a reminder, these were selected by 2,000 British moviegoers. I’ve been wondering if Americans would have a different list. /Jim
I’m so with you on that line from Notting Hill, but then I am a sucker for Julia Roberts flicks, and Englishmen too.
Braveheart and Jerry Mcguire should be a lot higher on that list. I don’t get this list – has nobody seen Gigli? Surely there is material from that movie. Well I guess these are “good” bad movies…what about T-2? Arnie has made a political career of his cliche lines…
I agree with you about Notting Hill. But, then, I’m a romantic sap.Steve at The Sporting Life
[For some reason, it wouldn’t let me log in with my Blogger info – go figure!]Kitty e-mail homepageAnywho . . . There’s nothing like a huge chunk-o-velveeta every now and again! That’s what memorable lines, B-movies, cult classics and such are made of . . . Bring on the Cheese!
If the Demi Moore line was cheesy, it was only as a followup to Patrick; he started the whole thing, not being able to say “I love you” to Demi’s character. She was just getting it back at him, though ex post facto….Ah, well; this was “our” movie, where my wife and I started courting.